Sunday 26 April 2015

At First Glance.

Lately I've come across so many beautiful blogs that people have very obviously put a lot of time, effort and love into making and updating. And until recently I didn't feel my life was interesting enough to keep a blog. But with the encouragement of my good friend, Gail, and my love of writing (which I don't express nearly enough) I've decided to embark upon a journey of story-telling, creative expression and nostalgia.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Racheal, I'm 20 years old (until next month, eek) and I currently study Contemporary Art at university. When I say "Contemporary Art" most people shut off. I don't blame you! Okay, I'll ignore that boring umbrella term and I'll just say that I practice Film, Sculpture and Photography. That sounds more exciting, doesn't it?

I guess you could say I have a pretty average selection of hobbies. Do people write about hobbies in bio's any more? Well I'll keep it brief. I like reading, taking photographs, watching films, drawing, baking, travelling, appreciating art and countless other things which happen to make me happy at the time.

And of course, like many fellow bloggers, I like to keep on top of my wild and wonderful life in social media. But don't worry, I'm not about to go off on an "anti-social-media activist" rant. Because frankly, I adore wasting hours procrastinating on Tumblr and Instagram. Notice the shameless self-promotion!



This is me! I don't take selfies as often as I could probably justify but it's always nice to know there's a face behind the blog.


So that just about sums up A Looking-Glass Memoir. And by the end of summer I plan to have a well documented account of life from here on in!

See you around!

-Racheal






No comments:

Post a Comment